Travel Young Booking Conditions
These Booking Conditions are valid for all Travel Young LLC tours departing after October 1, 2019, and are subject to change with or without notice. For the most current Booking Conditions, visit travelyoungadventures.com/policies.
I. WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
• Program price based on standard rooming occupancy (see Rooming section)
• Non-refundable deposit
• Departure fees and surcharges
• Airport transfers, unless the land-only package is selected or Special Travel Arrangements are made (see Flight Information and Special Travel Arrangements sections)
• Accommodations during tour
• A Tour Director
• Tour Director-led city orientations as specified
• Sightseeing tours and excursions led by local guides as specified
• Entrance fees as specified
• Meals as specified
• Transportation between cities and activities such as buses, cruises, ferries, trains or flights as specified
• Support from Travel Young representatives abroad
What does the non-refundable deposit include?
• All travelers must pay the non-refundable, non-transferable deposit upon booking in order to complete the enrollment.
• The non-refundable deposit includes:
• Processing services by Travel Young staff to secure your space on tour
• Preliminary reservations with airlines, hotels, and other suppliers
What are departure fees and surcharges?
Departure fees and surcharges are imposed by airlines, governmental agencies and, occasionally, hotels and/or other providers or services to cover such things as federal or foreign government imposed landing fees, security fees, and energy/fuel increases.
II. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
• Rooming upgrades
• Optional excursions
• Travel Protection
• Beverages and meals (except where specified in the itinerary)
• Transportation to free-time activities
• Customary gratuities (for your Tour Director, bus drivers and local guides)
• Any applicable baggage-handling fees imposed by the airlines.
• Expenses caused by airline rescheduling, cancellations or delays caused by the airlines, bad weather or events beyond Travel Young’s control (see Flight Information section for details)
• Passport, visa and reciprocity fees
• Fees associated with Special Travel Arrangements (See Special Travel Arrangements section)
III. PRICE VALIDITY
Based on exchange rates, airfares, fuel prices/surcharges and land costs, all prices are subject to increase prior to the time of booking. All prices are in U.S. dollars. For current pricing, please see our website.
While Travel Young makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors (including prices).
All discounts, promotions, and sales are subject to the specific terms listed for that price. For most promotions, travelers may be eligible for a one-time promotion adjustment should they find the same tour, date, and gateway (if applicable) on sale for a lower price within 60 days of the initial enrollment. All travelers are ineligible for a price adjustment once their trip departs in fewer than 99 days.
IV. GROUP TRAVEL
How does group travel work?
Tours are designed for 18 to 39 year olds, as reflected in the pacing, accommodations, activities, and other aspects of the tour. We believe that all young people should have the opportunity to travel, which means we do everything we can to keep our program prices low without sacrificing quality. One of the ways we do this is by arranging group travel so that all travelers help cover the cost of transportation, tour guides, sightseeing tours, accommodations, etc. In the event of low enrollments,
Travel Young reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a tour. If this happens, Travel Young will offer you a comparable tour and/or departure date with a sufficient number of travelers. If neither of these options is available, you are entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
What should I know about itinerary modifications?
If improvements can be made to your tour itinerary or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, Travel Young reserves the right to amend your itinerary prior to your departure and while on tour.
Reasons that may necessitate an itinerary change include but are not limited to: local or national holidays, special events, severe weather, road closures, or other unexpected conditions.
Travel Young will make every effort to minimize inconvenience for our travelers; however, such circumstances may require adjustments such as changing the order in which cities are visited on your itinerary, altering your length of stay in a city or country, or using an alternate airport. Other possible changes include departure, arrival or return dates. On certain days, especially holidays and special events, some tour inclusions—such as (but not limited to) historical sites, museums, castles, churches, and shops—may be closed or allow limited access.
If we are unable to adjust the itinerary to accommodate for local access restrictions to attractions, we will substitute different inclusions or provide a refund for any missed activity after tour. If your enjoyment might be diminished by such minor limitations, it is your responsibility to check with the respective national tourist organizations before selecting a tour and travel date.
You will be subject to standard cancellation fees should you choose not to travel on a modified itinerary. If you wish to change the date or destination of your tour, Travel Young must be notified by 99 days prior to departure (see Rebooking section.) After this time, additional fees will be incurred and changes may not be accepted.
When should I book my tour?
We suggest that you book as soon as possible at travelyoungadventures.com because tours tend to fill up quickly and enrollments are processed on a “first-come, first-served” basis. It is recommended that you enroll with at least 99 days prior to departure; enrollments submitted after this deadline require an additional fee (see Late Enrollment section.) At the time of booking, you should provide your complete first, middle, and last names and date of birth as they appear (or will appear) on your passport; this information will be used to reserve your flights and it is your responsibility to ensure accuracy If you have not yet applied for a passport, you should provide your full name and date of birth as they appear on your birth certificate.
After enrollment, what happens if I would like to rebook to a different tour or departure date?
For customers enrolled on tours departing January 1, 2019 and beyond:
If you would like to change the date or destination of your tour, you must notify Travel Young in writing of your request by 99 days prior to the departure date of the tour on which you are presently enrolled. Your request is subject to approval based on space available for the new trip to which you would like to rebook.
Fees associated with changing tour tours.
Once approved, your account will be adjusted to reflect the details and current price of the new tour in addition to a $50 non-refundable service fee. If you request to rebook to a tour in a different travel season,* you must pay a non-refundable $50 service fee at the time of rebooking. You are responsible for paying the full balance reflected on your updated account. Travel Young’s standard cancellation policy will apply based on the departure date of the newly selected tour. In the event that you cancel off your newly selected tour and it is in a different travel season,* your cancellation fees will reflect both the newly booked tour cancellation fee and the original tour cancellation fee at time of rebooking based on Travel Young’s standard cancellation policy at the time of final cancellation.
VI. LATE ENROLLMENTS
Can I enroll after 99 days prior to departure?
If you enroll 98 days or fewer prior to departure, you may be required to pay a non-refundable $125 late enrollment fee as well as any additional costs incurred to secure your late reservation with airlines, hotels, and other suppliers. Your reservation is pending while we check availability. If we are able to secure a place for you on tour, you will receive notification confirming that your reservation is complete, the $125 fee is assessed, and Travel Young’s standard cancellation fees then apply (see Payment Plan section for guidelines and payment schedule.)
Should your reservation incur additional costs for flights and land suppliers, a Travel Young Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options. If you decline to pay the additional airline/supplier fees, or if we are unable to secure your place on tour due to availability restrictions, you will receive a full refund and your pending reservation will be cancelled.
If you are booking 30 days or less prior to the scheduled departure date for your trip, you are required to pay in full at the time of booking and standard cancellation fees then apply. Also, you are not eligible for the 48 hour risk-free period.
VII. PASSPORTS AND VISAS
Who is responsible for getting passports, visas, and other travel documents?
It is your responsibility to review entry requirements for the countries you will visit on tour, and to obtain any necessary travel documents, including a passport and any applicable visas, prior to departure. If you are unable to obtain these travel documents for any reason, Travel Young’s standard cancellation policy will apply. Please be sure your passport is valid for at least six months after your tour ends. Non-U.S. citizens especially will need to contact the embassy and/or consulate of their destination countries to ensure they meet specific entry requirements. Remember to check the itinerary carefully for all countries that will be visited (including countries visited in transit). Visit the U.S. Department of State website at travel.state.gov for further information.
VIII. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Is travel insurance coverage available?
Yes, you can help protect your investment from the unexpected by purchasing a Travel Protection plan. We recommend www.worldnomads.com as a travel insurance provider. Travel Young LLC and World Nomads have no affiliation and we are not responsible for coverage of your travel insurance policy.
IX. FLIGHT INFORMATION
What happens if my flight is delayed or cancelled by the airline?
Travel Young is not responsible for airline schedule changes, personnel strikes impacting service, flight cancellations, or airline delays due to weather, mechanical requirements, capacity, or any other reason. If your flight is delayed or cancelled, it is your responsibility to work directly with the airline to get re-protected on a new itinerary as needed. Once your new flight is confirmed, you must then notify Travel Young with your updated arrival time. If you are arriving later than your original scheduled flight, you may not be met by a Travel Young representative at the airport. If this is the case, you will be responsible for making your own transportation arrangements from the airport to the first accommodation on your itinerary.
Travel Young is not responsible for costs associated with a flight delay or cancellation, such as (but not limited to) hotels, meals, or additional airline charges. In the event an airline delay or cancellation causes you to miss time on tour, you will not be reimbursed for missed portions of the trip, including but not limited to accommodations, meals, excursions or sightseeing tours.
In order to protect from risk of loss due to airline travel, we recommend buying travel insurance.
X. SPECIAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
If you would like to arrive early at your destination, stay behind to explore more, or visit another city, Travel Young can help you customize your travel itinerary to fit your travel preferences. Requests to customize your itinerary are available for a non-refundable special travel fee of $30 plus any additional airline costs incurred. Please note that options are subject to airline availability and Travel Young cannot accommodate requests to arrive after the scheduled start of the tour or to depart before the scheduled end of the tour.
Your Special Travel Arrangement is personal travel time, without the services of a Tour Director or the company of your tour group. Travel Young is unable to recommend or book accommodations, airport transfers, sights or transportation between cities for you during your Special Travel Arrangement. You are responsible for making all of these arrangements on your own and the associated costs. As noted in the previous section of this document, we do not advise booking your own flights or travel arrangements until your tour has been confirmed at 60 days prior to departure.
How do I submit a request for a Special Travel Arrangement?
You can request a Special Travel Arrangement upon enrollment or until 99 days prior to departure through your online account. If Travel Young can confirm your request for a Special Travel Arrangement, your online account will reflect your new travel dates and gateways in addition to a $30 non-refundable special travel fee. Should your reservation incur additional costs with the airlines, a Travel Young Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options.
Special Travel Arrangement Terms & Conditions
• Travel Young cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request for a Special Travel Arrangement. Options are subject to airline availability and additional airline costs, which are the responsibility of the traveler. In particular, if you request to fly into or out of a different international gateway, there are often costs incurred. If Travel Young is unable to accommodate your Special Travel Arrangement request, Travel Young’s standard cancellation fees still apply.
• Travel Young cannot guarantee specific airlines, routings, or flight time preferences. Travel Young also does not guarantee that you and your traveling companion(s) can be booked on the same flight itinerary. Additionally, please note that if you are traveling with a friend who has not made the exact same Special Travel Arrangement, you will most likely not be on the same flight itinerary due to your differing travel dates and/or destinations; this is to be expected even if you are traveling from the same domestic home gateway.
• If you book a Special Travel Arrangement and in doing so elected to alter your arrival or departure flights in any way, Travel Young is unable to arrange airport transfers for you; you are then responsible for arranging your own transportation to the first accommodation at the beginning of tour and back to the airport at the end of tour. In order to qualify for an airport transfer at the beginning of tour, you must arrive from your domestic home gateway to your tour’s international gateway on the scheduled start date as published. To qualify for an airport transfer at the end of tour, you must depart back to your domestic gateway from your tour’s final gateway on the scheduled end date.
• If you book your tour fewer than 99 days prior to departure, you must submit your Special Travel Arrangement request at the time of enrollment.
• It is your responsibility to review your Special Travel Arrangement for accuracy. You must submit any changes or additional requests prior to 99 days before departure. At 99 days prior to departure, all Special Travel Arrangement requests are considered final. After this point, changes to travel dates, destination cities, or any other adjustments are subject to penalties or fees determined by the airline; you are responsible for any such costs.
What type of accommodations will I be staying in?
In order to align with the interests of the young adult traveler and to provide our travelers with the best overall value, Travel Young arranges accommodations in backpacker hostels, tents, and 2-3 star hotels. All of the properties are strategically located to maximize your trip experience. Please note that accommodations abroad may not have amenities such as elevators, air conditioning, or WiFi.
What is Standard Rooming?
Standard rooming, which is included in the price of the trip, is up to six people per room. You will be staying in tents with camping pads, twin, double, shared double, or bunk beds, with other Travel Young travelers of the same gender from your group. Each room will have a private bathroom which is to be shared among roommates. Roommates are chosen randomly, unless a traveler requests a specific roommate; see the next section for details about submitting roommate preferences. Please note: any roommate or rooming upgrade request must be submitted no later than 60 days prior to departure.
Can I request roommates?
Yes, you can request roommates upon enrollment or through your online account until 60 days prior to departure.
What is Private Room Upgrade?
We offer two options for a Private Room Upgrade:
1.) You may request to be placed with a traveling companion in private rooming.
2.) You may request a single room (without a roommate.)
Both types of upgrade requests are subject to availability at all accommodations on tour, and cannot be guaranteed. All Private Room Upgrade requests must be submitted before 60 days prior to departure via your online account. Please note that certain tours do not allow for Private Room Requests due to availability constraints at the accommodations used.
What happens if my Private Room Upgrade is not approved?
When you submit a Private Room Upgrade request upon enrollment, it will automatically reflect on your account and the charges outlined below will be added. If we are unable to accommodate the request due to availability constraints (see “What is a Private Room Upgrade” section directly above), a Travel Young Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options.
You can also submit a Private Room Upgrade request via your online account until 60 days prior to your departure. After you submit your request, the associated charges will be added to your account indicating that we have received it and are reviewing availability. In the event that we are unable to accommodate your upgrade preference due to availability, a Travel Young Trip Consultant will notify you. Your account will be automatically adjusted to reflect Standard Rooming, and the upgrade costs will be removed from your account. Should you decide to cancel at this time, Travel Young’s standard cancellation policy would apply.
What else should I know about requesting a Private Room Upgrade with a roommate?
In order to process the upgrade, it is required that both travelers submit separate requests through their online account. Rooming style for this type of upgrade will consist of either twin, double, or shared double beds.
XII. OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS
What are optional excursions?
In order to provide choice and flexibility to our travelers, Travel Young offers these activities (for a supplemental cost) in addition to what’s already included on the itinerary. If you choose not to participate in an optional excursion, you will have free time.
Optional excursions require a minimum number of participants in order to run on tour; minimum enrollment requirements vary for each excursion and are subject to change. If your excursion is cancelled by Travel Young on tour due to low enrollment, you will be refunded post-tour for the amount you previously paid to book that particular excursion.
When should I purchase optional excursions?
To secure a discounted price and guarantee your place on the excursion, most optional excursions need to be purchased by 30 days prior to departure. The majority of excursions can also be purchased on tour at a slightly higher price. However, exact booking deadlines for each excursion may vary and we recommend that you carefully review our website for optional excursion details. For example, there are a few optional excursions that must be purchased before tour no later than 45 days prior to your departure. Some optional excursions also have limited capacity, and reservations will be processed on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Please note that excursion prices and booking deadlines are subject to change.
Are optional excursions refundable?
As above, if Travel Young cancels an optional excursion (due to low enrollment, for example) you will receive a full refund for the excursion after returning home from tour. To receive a refund for an excursion that you simply no longer wish to be enrolled in, you must let Travel Young know by 30 days prior to departure or no refund will be given.
When does the tour officially start and end?
The tour begins upon your arrival at the first Travel Young-arranged accommodation and ends upon departure from the last Travel Young-arranged accommodation, according to the itinerary. The official length of a Travel Young tour does not include Special Travel Arrangements.
What happens if Travel Young has to cancel or modify a tour?
Travel Young retains the right to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of unforeseeable events that are beyond Travel Young’s reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorists activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions, or any other reason that makes it impossible or commercially unreasonable or impracticable in the sole opinion of Travel Young to conduct the tour as originally contracted. If Travel Young cancels the tour for any such reason, you will receive a Travel Young future travel voucher for all monies paid, less the non-refundable deposit and any additional non-refundable fees. Cancellation by Travel Young for causes described in this section shall not be a violation of its obligations to any traveler.
What if I am owed a refund?
Refunds will either be mailed via check or credited back to the card used to make the original payment. Refunds via check will be issued in the name that appears on the traveler’s account. Please allow four weeks for a refund to be executed. Refunds can only be made back to the same card or checking account used previously, and only up to the amount previously paid on that specific card or checking account. There will be a non-refundable $35 stop-payment fee for lost refund checks.
What about lost belongings?
Travel Young is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other belongings. The traveler is solely responsible for all logistical and financial requirements necessary to replace lost belongings and personal documents.
What if I decide to leave a tour early?
If you decide to leave tour early due to loss of interest, sickness, or other personal reasons, you are responsible for any additional costs incurred by interrupting the tour. This includes, but is not limited to, your return flight and any other additional costs such as those associated with transportation, accommodations, and meals. You will not be reimbursed for any missed portions of the tour resulting from your interruption.
If you purchased travel insurance and interrupt tour for a reason covered under the policy guidelines, you may submit a claim to the insurance provider for additional transportation costs and for reimbursement of unused land or water travel arrangements. All claims and benefits decisions are entirely at the discretion of the insurance provider.
What if I have dietary restrictions or a food allergy?
Travel Young recognizes that some travelers may have dietary restrictions or severe food allergies. Please make your Travel Young Trip Consultant aware of your needs, and we will do our best to ensure that our suppliers are informed of your dietary requirements. However, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated. Travelers are responsible for making their own arrangements for all in-flight meals.
What if there is a Travel Warning issued in the destination I am traveling to?
In the event the U.S. Department of State issues a Travel Advisory Level 4 within 60 days of your departure, stating that Americans should not travel to any location or locations included in the tour itinerary, you may change the travel dates of your current tour or work with Travel Young to select a new tour. If the new tour has a higher price, you will be required to pay the difference as a condition of traveling.
XIV. PAYMENT PLAN TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should you choose not to pay in full upon registration, the following Terms and Conditions apply to your payment plan.
XV. PAYMENT PLAN
• Due to weekends and holidays, Travel Young reserves the right to debit the travelers’ account up to three days after the scheduled date.
• The Payment Plan amounts are subject to change if tour items or payments are added or removed in excess of $20. All other items or payments totaling $20 or less that are added or removed will only be reflected in the final payment.
• After the Payment Plan’s final scheduled payment, any additional items are due at time of purchase. Payments will no longer be automatically deducted.
• A non-refundable $35 fee will be assessed each time a payment is returned or declined. In these cases the plan will be recalculated to have the missed payment redistributed across the remaining schedule. Travel Young reserves the right to withdraw travelers from the plan for returns or declines in two consecutive payments. Should the final payment be returned or declined, travelers will automatically be withdrawn from the plan.
• An initial payment as indicated is due upon booking and the following payment schedule applies:
Additional payments can then be paid at the traveler’s discretion up until the final payment date.
Final balance due at 60 days prior to departure
Travelers are responsible for making on-time payments per the schedule above. Failure to make your final payment on time will result in a $100 late fee.
Travel Young reserves the right to cancel the traveler’s reservation if any payment is past due in which case standard cancellation fees apply.
Payments can be made through the invoice emailed to you by firstname.lastname@example.org upon setting up your payment method.
XVII. CANCELLATION POLICY
The cancellation policy outlined below takes into consideration the costs Travel Young incurs long before groups ever depart. Notice of cancellation from a Travel Young tour will only be accepted from the traveler. The date of cancellation will be determined by the date on which Travel Young receives notice.
Refunds can be issued by check to the person whose name appears on the account, or issued back to the credit card(s) used to make prior payments (up to the original amount charged per credit card account). In order to qualify for refunds in accordance with Travel Young’s standard cancellation policy, all payments must be received on time. Non-refundable service fees will be deducted from the refund amount.
What are non-refundable service fees and charges?
Non-refundable service fees and charges include but are not limited to: enrollment deposit, travel protection, late enrollment fees, name change fees, declined credit/debit card fees, late payment fees, manual payment fees, returned check fees, and stop payment fees.
XVIII. TRAVEL YOUNG’S STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
The full amount paid upon enrollment is refundable if you cancel in writing within 48 hours of booking the tour. After 48 hours, the deposit is non-refundable and the following standard cancellation fees apply.
If you are booking 60 days or less prior to the scheduled departure date for your trip, you are required to pay in full at the time of booking and standard cancellation fees then apply; you are not eligible for the 48 hour risk-free period.
Based on the date Travel Young receives written notification of your cancellation, you will be refunded for balance paid minus the cancellation fee and any non-refundable fees. (See refund and non-refundable Fee description above for more details.) In addition to notifying us of your cancellation in writing, we also recommend you call so that we can best review your options.
Days Prior to Departure & Cancellation Fee
30 days or less = Full balance paid
31-60 days = $2000
61-99 = $1000
100+ days = Down payment paid
XX. TERMS AND PROVISIONS
The terms and provisions of these Booking Conditions supersede any other warranties, representations, terms or conditions, unless they are expressly stated within a Booking Conditions Addendum or in a letter signed by a Travel Young officer.
The tour operator for your trip is Travel Young LLC.
Liability Release & Agreement
I (or parent or guardian if enrollee is under the age of 18) am an enrollee for a Travel Young tour. By signing or electronically submitting the Travel Young Application, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge and understand that my tour is marketed by Travel Young LLC., and is operated outside of the U.S. by third party partner operators of Travel Young LLC.
2. Travel Young LLC along with their officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, and authorized representatives (collectively referred herein as “Travel Young”) do not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for my program, including, for example, arrangements for or ownership or control over hotels, houses, apartments or other lodging facilities, tour directors, airline, vessel, bus or other transportation companies, local ground operators, visa processing services, providers or organizers of additional excursions, food service or entertainment providers, etc. I acknowledge that all such persons and entities, specifically the Tour Director assigned to my tour, are independent contractors and not employees of or employed by Travel Young.
3. Without limitation, Travel Young is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage to person or property, death, delay or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, acts of government, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes or other labor activities, criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, structural or other defective conditions in houses, apartments or other lodging facilities (or in any heating, plumbing, electrical or structural problem therein), mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely or safely, dangers associated with or bites from animals, insects or pests, sanitation problems, food poisoning, epidemics or the threat thereof, disease, lack of access to or quality of medical care, difficulty in evacuation in case of a medical or other emergency, or any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any third party, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of Travel Young.
4. I agree to release Travel Young from, and agree not to sue Travel Young for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in a Travel Young-sponsored tour, including but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, negligence or wrongful death or any statutorily based claim. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any Travel Young-sponsored tour. I further agree to release Travel Young from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of unforeseeable events that are beyond the reasonable control of Travel Young, that make the tour impossible or commercially unreasonable or impracticable to conduct, or which become necessary or advisable so as to increase the quality of the tour.
5. I acknowledge and agree that this release includes and applies to activities not offered by Travel Young on my tour that may be considered risky including, but not limited to, parasailing, paragliding, parachuting, skydiving, scuba (unless certified), and the use of motorbikes, mopeds, scooters and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs).
6. I understand that travel in other nations is not similar to travel within the United States. Programs outside the United States can involve inconvenience and risk, including, but not limited to, forces of nature, geographic and climatic conditions, different hygienic standards, infrastructure problems (including road maintenance, transportation delays and accommodation condition), civil unrest, vandalism, crime, political instability and terrorism. Medical services or facilities may not be readily available or available at all during all or part of a program and, if available, may not be equal to standards in my home country. I assume all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities, however caused, including, but not limited to, those risks mentioned above. It is my intention fully to assume all of the risks of travel and participation in the program and to release the Travel Young from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law.
7. Travel Young shall have no liability or responsibility for me whatsoever when I am absent from Travel Young-supervised activities or for non-Travel Young supervised activities, such as free time, visits to friends or relatives, Special Travel Arrangements, or during stay-ahead, stay-behind or any optional periods or activities when not escorted by a Tour Director.
8. My tour begins with the takeoff from the Travel Young departure airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the origination (or other arrival) airport. If I have purchased a Land-Only Package, I understand that my tour begins with my arrival at the first accommodation arranged by Travel Young on my itinerary and ends with my departure from the final accommodation arranged by Travel Young on my itinerary and does not include flights between cities.
9. The air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is subject to and limited by the airlines’ contract of carriage, its tariff, the Montreal Convention or Warsaw Convention and their amendments or both.
10. Travel Young reserves the right to refuse or cancel my registration at its sole discretion. In such event, the Standard Cancellation Policy and associated fees as outlined in the Booking Conditions apply.
11. I agree to abide by Travel Young’s regulations and the directions of my Tour Director and Travel Young’s personnel during my tour. These regulations includes but are not limited to prohibitions on hitchhiking, the driving or renting of any motor vehicle, possession and/or usage of drugs, overindulgent alcohol consumption, disruptive actions to the tour group, damage to hotel property, or causing or threatening to cause physical harm to another person. I understand and agree that Travel Young may dismiss me from the tour at any time and at my sole expense for the failure to follow such rules or directions or for any other reason that Travel Young deems in its sole discretion requires my dismissal from the tour. I understand that in the event I am dismissed from the tour for any reason, I waive the right to a refund of any part of my program price, and that Travel Young may then send me home at my own expense. Travel Young is not responsible for arranging my transport home.
12. I agree to abide by all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. I understand that if I abuse or disobey such laws, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the program price, and Travel Young may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting. Actions resulting in incarceration will result in immediate termination from the tour, and I agree to waive the right to a refund of any portion of my program price. Travel Young is not responsible for any legal fees or arrangements.
13. If I become ill or incapacitated, Travel Young and its employees may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense. Travel Young retains the right, in its sole discretion, to contact the Emergency Contact listed on my enrollment form with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to my tour. These rights transcend any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, Travel Young will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and I authorize Travel Young to do so. Travel Young, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered or to be timely administered and Travel Young will not be responsible for monitoring any health care that I may necessitate.
14. I understand and agree to abide by the time scheduled by my Tour Director for departures from itinerary locations, including city departures. Failure to be on time for a scheduled departure may result in the Tour Director and tour group leaving without me, and I will have to make my own arrangements at my own expense to reconvene with the group. Travel Young is not responsible for arranging such transportation.
15. Travel Young has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the Booking Conditions for a Travel Young tour.
16. It is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (e.g., passport and visa[s]) for all locations on my tour (including locations visited during transit) unless specifically arranged for the group by Travel Young. Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except as provided in the Standard Cancellation Policy outlined in the Booking Conditions for a Travel Young tour.
17. Travel Young is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets, or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket or missing Travel Young booked flight, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
18. I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels or other accommodations, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses, or other property.
19. I understand and acknowledge that this tour has been designed for persons aged 18 to 39, as reflected in the pacing, content, accommodations, and other aspects of the tour.
20. This Release and Agreement and the Booking Conditions for a Travel Young tour constitute the entire agreement between Travel Young and me with reference to the subject matter herein, and I do not rely upon any promises, inducements or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or employees of Travel Young. This agreement may be amended or modified only in a writing signed by Travel Young. The waiver by Travel Young of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
21. This agreement and performance hereunder shall be governed in all respects, by the substantive laws of the State of Wisconsin. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of my relationship with Travel Young, or any claim which arises between the Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, the literature for the trip or the trip itself, it shall be resolved solely in courts of the State of Wisconsin.
22. Travel Young or its representatives, agents or consultants may use any photographic, film, digital, or video likeness taken of me, any of my comments while on a Travel Young tour, and any of my photographic, film, digital, or video content shared by me with Travel Young through any format for future publicity or marketing without compensation to me and also may use my contact information for future Travel Young promotions.
If your application is taken over the phone, you must login into your secure account at immediately to agree to this agreement.
Failure to agree to the Booking Conditions and Release & Agreement will result in you forfeiting your travel, and you will be subject to the Standard Cancellation Policy in Travel Young’s Booking Conditions.
Copyright © 2019 Travel Young LLC.
PLEASE READ THIS USER AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND TRAVEL YOUNG LLC
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT AND PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
This website is property of Travel Young. This website, and the content provided in this site, including the text, graphics, button icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software are the exclusive property of Travel Young and may not be accessed, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of Travel Young, and/or its third party providers and distributors, except that you may access this site and download, display and print the materials presented on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
You may not without the prior written permission of Travel Young use any computer code, data mining software, "robot," "bot," "spider," "scraper" or other automatic device, or program, algorithm or methodology having similar processes or functionality, or any manual process, to monitor or copy any of the web pages, data or content found on this site or accessed through this site. You also may not: engage in the mass downloading of files from this site; use the computer processing power of this site for purposes other than those permitted above; flood this site with electronic traffic designed to slow or stop its operation; or establish links to or from other websites to this site.
You may not download (other than page caching) or modify any portion of this site except with express written consent of Travel Young. You may not:
(i) resell or make commercial use of this site or its contents;
(ii) collect and use any product listings, descriptions, or prices displayed on this site; or
(iii) create, reproduce and/or distribute any materials derived from the content provided on this site.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition, you are prohibited from posting or transmitting any information which
(a) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights,
(b) is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, unless with the express written permission of the owner of such right,
(c) contains a virus, bug or other harmful item, or
(d) is used to unlawfully collude against another person in restraint of trade or competition.
The above description of the prohibited activities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be altered at any time by Travel Young without notice. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from your use of this site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRAVEL YOUNG BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY. OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Travel Young is not responsible for any altered or printed versions of the information provided in this website or linked websites, nor any warranty or representation with regard to products or services that are advertised or promoted at linked sites. Travel Young assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in any website materials. Information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.
CONTROLLING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the state of Wisconsin without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial and state courts located in Wisconsin, USA in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this site and this Agreement.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
If you cannot, or will not, provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
“Personal Data” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, such as for example:
Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
Profile information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
Country of residence
Technical information, e.g. screen name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
Preferences (e.g. shopping and browsing habits, preferred educational courses)
Company or school name and address
Credit and debit card number
Medical condition (e.g. allergies or illness)
How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
Directly from you: Information is collected directly from you, either by you providing the information directly to us or you acting in a manner that provides us with the information, for example:
Offline: We collect Personal Data from you offline, for example when you contact customer service, enroll in a product or service or provide information to us in writing.
Online: We collect your Personal Data through the Travel Young Products, for example when you sign up for a newsletter or a brochure or enroll in or use a product or service. We also collect Personal Data:
Through your use of a mobile application. When you download and use one of our mobile applications, and to the extent allowed by your privacy settings in the application, we track and collect mobile application usage data, such as the date and time the mobile application on your device accessed our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the mobile application based on your device number.
Through your device. Provided that you have enabled that function on your device, we collect the physical location of it to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. Read more about such services under “How do we use Personal Data?”
Through links. We track and collect information about how users interact with links across products and services, including through email and links made available through third party services.
Through browsing our sites. We may also collect information about your use of our services through your browser to trace activity on our sites, such as your IP address, Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, service provider, time of visit, page(s) visited and the name and version of the Travel Young Product you are using.”
From our corporate affiliates, business partners, assistance providers or claim handlers. We may receive Personal Data from other parties in conjunction with your program, including:
Our corporate affiliates, such as the local Travel Young company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence and provides us with the Personal Data that is needed to come to an agreement with you on your order.
Business partners, such as local sales agents that promote the sales of our services in your country of residence.
Claims handlers who receive information about your insurance claims in case of an insurance situation.
How do we use Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be processed by Travel Young for the purposes of completing your booking, providing you with the products and services that you have ordered (including travel insurance coverage), for customer service, administrative services or as otherwise necessary to perform the contract between you and us or as further described in this policy.
We may also use Personal Data:
For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems with the Travel Young Products as well as to ensure that the Travel Young Products function properly.
To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the Travel Young Products, as permitted by the applicable product.
To allow you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and use other services enabling you to post information and materials.
To analyse and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the Travel Young Products experience and content based on your past activities on the Travel Young Products. For example, depending on what Travel Young Product you have searched for on our website, or in previous browsing, the offer presented to you on the Travel Young Products may be limited to a specific tour, geography or budget.
To provide you with personalized location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location. For example, you will be redirected to the local Travel Young website in your language if your device indicates that you are browsing from that country, or you may be suggested the nearest Travel Young office to your location for visits or information.
To market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests, for example through email marketing solutions such as Mailchimp’s management software which maintains mailing lists and schedules and modifies email messages based on what recipients read, click-on or forward. All such email communication will include a clear unsubscribe link.
How do we share Personal Data?
We share your Personal Data with our corporate affiliates, business partners and service providers both within and outside the U.S. and Canada:
Our corporate affiliates are for example a local Travel Young company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence, or in your destination country that provides some of the services that you have ordered, or one of the principal companies that is offering another of Travel Young’s program.
Business partners are for example local sales agents that promote the sales of our services in your country of residence; transportation or accommodation providers in your destination country; or course leaders, activity leaders or other contractors for management of any of our programs; or a travel insurance company that prepares the travel insurance for you.
Service providers, such as providers of IT systems, for example for managing customer relations or payments; or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics.
We have put appropriate safeguards in place for transfers of your Personal Data outside the U.S. or Canada, including the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission for any transfers of Personal Data to the EEA/Switzerland, available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32004D0915 and http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32010D0087.
We also share Personal Data as we believe to be necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Processing payments for Travel Young.
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate and up-to-date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction or damage of the Personal Data.
UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAIL MARKETING
To respect the privacy of our users, you may choose not to receive commercial emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the commercial emails we send you. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you regarding your account and your transactions.
THIRD PARTY SITES
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13
If you are under the age of 13, you should review this text together with your parent or guardian to make sure you both understand it. We are not responsible for checking your age but sometimes we still do verification checks. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we learn that you are under the age of 13 and that we have collected information about you without consent from your parent or guardian, we will delete the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use Travel Young Products.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and receive from us, once per year and free of charge, information about the personal information we have disclosed (if any) to third parties for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, postal address and email address.